twofold bay regatta eden

Home Forums Racing & Regattas Events & Other Regattas twofold bay regatta eden

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    salliemerry674
    Participant

hi all,

here’s a great regatta to go to, i go every year & i will be going this year.

Notice of Race & all the information on this website http://www.twofoldbayyc.sailing.org.au
    it is on the 18th & 19th of feb

salliemerry674
    Participant

hi all,
    just got back from eden yesturday, great weekend. the only problem is that there were only 3 sabre’s on the saturday & then 1 on the sunday. not as many as some years, but great racing all the same.

saturday was light winds in the moring 0-5 knots, with all the sabre’s close together with a flying ant out in front. the race went for to long, 1 sabre bet the ant cross the line.

saturday afternoon again the wind was light about 5-8 knots, none of the sabre’s bet the ant.

sunday i was the only sabre but had a good race with the ant, the wind was light again about 5-10 knots. i had a good lead on the ant after the 1st lap but then all the other boats took my wind & the ant was able to catch me so we went around the top mark at the same time. then they were able to sail away from me down wind, but then i was able to get away in out of all the other boats & catch up to them but they cross 1st.

sunday afternoon the wind was 15 to 20 gusting to 35 at times, with a meter waves. the ant creamed me it truck up wind while i was trying to stay up right. they bet me by about a leg & half i was just glad when i got back to the club after the race. the ride home was fun though.

it was a great weekend at a great place to sail. hope to see more next year. if you want to see the reults go to the website http://www.twofoldbayyc.sailing.org.au

Paul Jenkins
    Participant

Ben,
    Are you able to come to the two Heats of the NSW State Titles at Wallagoot Lake Boat Club, 40 kms north of Eden on 18th and 19th March?
    It would be great to see you there. We expect about 10 Sabres.

Regards,
    Shane Navin

salliemerry674
    Participant

hi shane,

sorry :( i can’t i’ve got other things on then 😡 , but if i didn’t i would come but that’s life. you are more than welcome to come to my club at easter for our easter regatta where going to get 10 sabres, 8 club boats and 2 visitors. it’s going to great hope to see you then.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Events & Other Regattas’ is closed to new topics and replies.