sabre racing at G.L.Y.C.

Home Forums Development & Design Boat Construction sabre racing at G.L.Y.C.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    angelikabest34
    Participant

We have between eight and twelve sabres racing each weekend and a lot of people are showing interest.Mike Simpson from Albert Park is a very good sailor,he raced with us a couple of weeks ago and kicked our buts but he did say it was good competition. Is there a system in place that allows an instructor from the Sabre Assoc. to come to our club for a instruction/teaching weekend? and would the Sabre Assoc. consider running a state titles here on the Gippsland Lakes?

Glenn Newman
    Deckchairs Overboard.

heymacaulay
    Keymaster

Glenn,

I know the Vic comittee are currently busy getting the states for this year (2006) at Black Rock organised, but would no doubt be interested in considering Gippsland lakes in the future.

It may also be of interest that this year the states are to be run over a normal weekend (not a long weekend) as a test to see if more people attend.

Most of the coaches are probably heading down to Tasmania over Christmas so any trainnig that occurs would probably be some time after the New Year period. I know most of the committee reads the forum and will no doubt have a talk about.

Does the Gippsland club sail over the christmas new year period?

Ashley
    Tepara 1061

salliemerry674
    Participant

Hi Ashley,

No we don’t run any races over x-mas, new years because we run Nationals then, but our last race before x-mas is 18th of Dec. Then after x-mas, new years our frist race will be 15th of Jan.

As i said in the championship form we would love to have the state titles at Paynesville & it would be great if we get 1 of the coaches to come down give us a training lession & maybe watch us race.

At easter we have a regatta racing from friday to monday so your more then welcome to come down & join in. I hope to see some melbourne boats come down at easter & race with us. We should have a divison of our own because we will have about 5 to 8 club boats racing.

But if you can’t come down for easter then your more then welcome to come down for the day & race with us we race every sunday up till the 18th of Dec, then start up again on the 15 of Jan & our season finsh on the 7th of may.

heymacaulay
    Keymaster

I know Fiona McCulloch (vic presdient and 4th overall Last Nationals) will be in the area aorund the 28th of December.

So it may be possible to have a day of coaching if you are able to fit it in with which ever titles are being run at the time.

Ashley
    Tepara 1061

salliemerry674
    Participant

thank you ashley for that information

heymacaulay
    Keymaster

Hi Ashley, thanks for that imfo.I will get in touch with Fiona and see what we can organise. Ben(speed demon) probably understated the amount of sabres that will be sailing at our Easter Regatta as I already have 10 indicating they will be sailing. As Ben has mentioned we run a great regatta and it would be good to see some Melbourne boats up here sailing on one of the best stretches of water you can sail on. Cheers, Deckchairs Overboard.

heymacaulay
    Keymaster

No problem.

My only advice would be to contact Fiona via her mobile, I know shes not checking her normal email account at the moment.

Ashley

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Boat Construction’ is closed to new topics and replies.