Older Sabre

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    lisalamaro5270
    Participant

I am looking at a older sabre 1273.. I am not sure if it has a “A” Class measurement certificate. I have just been sent some photos of the boat and it has 2 inspection hatches on one tank (so 5 in total) and only has 3 floor boards.. ( one in the middle and one on each side).. Can this boat still be raced? ..

rochelledover74
    Participant

@ronny_f73 wrote:

I.. I am also looking at building a new one ASAP and this would be just so i can keep sailing

We are currently building 3 boats in my shed, it has taken approx 3 weeks for each boat of very part time work to get them to painting stage.

You can see our handy work at http://www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Sailing/General/Sabre-Dinghy/

Good luck with the build

Jack

lisalamaro5270
    Participant

Jack
    Why did you wire and bend the front up before wiring up the side of the boat?? (ie your 2nd photo).. I have been looking at your site..

rochelledover74
    Participant

@ronny_f73 wrote:

Jack
    Why did you wire and bend the front up before wiring up the side of the boat?? (ie your 2nd photo).. I have been looking at your site..

I do not believe it would matter which way you did it, but the advantage was we could wiegh down the base to make the bend as we steamed the bow into place. Fortunetly I have a steamer, which I brought from one of those cheap shops that you use for cleanning. It is great for doing the bow and the side decks.

I personally did not follow the book, but I am a qualified Ship Wright. In fact I would recommend against following the steps in the book, there are somethings that are better done out of place.

The best move we made was to cut the jig to the shape of the rocker so there is no need for concer about the boat rocker when building.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Boat Construction’ is closed to new topics and replies.