New Sabre Sailor – Which Club?

Home Forums Other Stuff Newbie Questions New Sabre Sailor – Which Club?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    krystalcrooks90
    Participant

Hi,

Im coming back to dinghy after spending some years out in the keelboat wilderness..

What I need to know is what clubs around the Northern end of Port Phillip Bay actively race Sabres? Is Elwood a good place to start? How about Williamstown or will I have to venture down to Black Rock for a look in?

Any help would be very much appreciated as I have agreed to buy a sabre and now need somewhere to sail and store the boat (possibly the wrong order to do things in but the opportunity was there…)

Cheers,

Chris. :D

dulciechristense
    Participant

Chris

The clubs that come to mind are Albert SC & Albert Park YC on the lake (both these look like being seriously affected by shrinking water levels soon); Williamstown and Altona in the west; Elwood and Black Rock in the north(ish); Mordialloc a bit South. Other inland venues are Lake Sugarloaf S&BC in the north-east or Lysterfield SC in the east.

Black Rock will offer the strongest competition if that is your bent.

Storage is going to be your problem; some clubs have extensive capacity but it is usually at the end of a long, long waiting list.

I suggest you visit clubs that interest you, check out the storage possibilities, parking, fleet numbers and fee structure.

krystalcrooks90
    Participant

Thanks Mike.

I have definitely made progress. Thanks to everyone at ESC who had a chat to me on Saturday.

Chris.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Newbie Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.